My name is Aichatou Dia and I am Miss teenage Montérégie 2021.
I am so honored to have this title. Since I am very young, I love to watch runaways, to wear my mom’s high heels, to put on makeup, to wear dresses and to watch a few pageants. I couldn’t wait until I get older to participate in a pageant. Now, here I am. I know that my younger self is happy. 🙂
In this blog, I want to introduce myself to you, so let’s start!
- I am Senegalese, but I am born in Montreal, Canada.
- Often, I am described as a ray of sun, a hard worker and very sociable.
- Diversity, respect, mutual aid, equal rights, generosity, justice, education, mental health are very important to me.
- In high school, I was a student in the international baccalaureate program. I was encouraged to help the community, so I started to do a lot of volunteering until it became a habit.
- At this moment, I am studying Arts and Science in cegep, I want to learn about various subjects. There are so many things that are still unknown to me and I cannot just sit back and do nothing. I want to learn and use this knowledge to help and to become better.
- I do theater since I am 9 years old. Since my first day doing it, I felt in love with acting. Playing with my emotions, telling a story, trying costumes, putting on makeup, being on stage and connecting with the audience just makes me so happy. I want to continue to act as I get older.
- I also love to dance. I just started at the age of 12. Doing jumps, splits, pirouettes, cartwheels and movements on music make me feel unstoppable and free, that is why I love dancing so much. I started to attend dance competitions at the age of 16.
- I also did ice skating for 4 years.
- Hobbies that I have: Theater, dance, photography, reading (which is new hahahaha), knitting, drawing, learning new things, listening to podcasts, etc.
- Having the title of Miss teenage Montérégie, I want to inspire people and create more smiles. I’ll work hard to do more projects and I’ll continue to volunteer.
Thank you for reading! 🙂
Miss teenage Montérégie 2021, Aichatou Dia